All USCS Condenser pre-cooler systems are designed, engineered and manufactured to attach directly to the condenser section of air-cooled chillers. The pre-cooler is designed to operate by utilizing the airflow from the Condenser fan of the existing air-conditioning or refrigeration equipment, relying entirely on the evaporation of water. As water passes downward through the media, the air velocity of the condenser fan causes some of the water to evaporate, ultimately cooling the air before it reaches the condenser coil. The lower the entering condenser air temperature is reduced, the more efficient the air-cooled chiller operates, which results in the consumption of less energy.
Not only does the chiller perform more efficiently with a pre-cooler, it also has to work less. Most users find increased efficiency across a range of increasing dry bulb temperatures when compared to a chiller without a pre-cooler. Our experience with energy savings has shown significant reduction in the total KWH consumption of up to 15% during the hottest part of the day, with up to a 20% reduction of compressor head pressure.
- Reduce chiller energy consumption by 10%
- Reduce utility electric bills
- Condenser pre coolers transform air cooled chillers to be as efficient as many District Cooling plants in the region, 1.1 Kw per ton (includes DC chillers, condenser pumps and cooling towers)
- Gain LEED points toward Green Building Certification
- Completely eliminate Hot Air Recirculation ill effects
- Complete coil Protection from Hail Damage.
- Shade to your Condenser Coil, further reducing head pressure due to coil solar gains.
- ROI generally less than 1 year payback on the system.